Saturday 27 February 2016

My first fee as a comedian was N100 –Funny Bone

Popular humour merchant, Funny Bone, is still basking in the euphoria of a successful maiden edition of his show, Funny Bone Untamed, which held last weekend. The young man has certainly come a long way from being paid N100 to perform to charging N500,000 for a table at the maiden edition of his show.
In a chat with Saturday Beats, the comedian said he was thankful to God for a successful and well attended show.

“I thank God for my life as I have come a long way. The first time I was paid to perform was when I was in school. It was one of those departmental events and I was given only N100. Right now, I earn enough to take care of myself and my family, I am very comfortable trust me. All I will say is that comedy pays if you understand your game. Comedy is very lucrative in Nigeria if you are good,” he said.
The funny man who brought his mother to the show as his date, told Saturday Beats that he did so because he was single and not ready to settle down yet.
“I brought my mother to the show as my date because she is a woman I love so much and without her, there can be no Funny Bone. She stood by me when times were hard and now is the time I have to repay her for all her goodness and kindness. Also, I am single and not married yet because I am not ready yet, when I am ready, you will be the first to know. I am young, I hope to go for my master’s degree next year,” he said.
Copyright PUNCH.


No comments:

Post a Comment